The most recent webinar by Open Orphan Plc (ORPH) was again very encouraging on several fronts. It is not unusual for a webinar - Investor presentation not to be optimistic. What is out of the ordinary, from my experience, is the level of opportunities, primers for significant appreciation for even more share price gains; yes, even after the 400% plus increases in 2020, and the bull gains in 2021. Had it not been for Invesco selling down, Open Orphan would likely be north of 40p now.
So what of these opportunities?
The highlights for me are as follows:
- The company could be split from its core business resulting in 3 in-species dividends; is 1 for 1 Cathal explained.
- PrepBiopharm, Influenza Immune Modulator & disease in motion (DIM)
- He explained the first of these (Imutex) could be as early as 4-6 weeks. He explained Covid-19 had hindered progress but stressed this is very close now.
- Two further spin-outs, again, one Open Orphan share, one newco share
- Chinese very keen on challenge studies
- Potential huge Covid CHIM licensing deals/studies with the Chinese State
- Emphasis profitable no more losses
- The expectation is to reach a market value of £1bn as being realistically achievable.
- FY results after easter - they will not disappoint.
- Looking for investors stake build
- Six challenge models
- Company is the world leader in testing vaccines via Controlled Human Infection Models (CHIMs)
- New ''Disease in Motion'' (DIM) platform with potential current market cap valuation of £200m
- DIM could be spun-out
- New Whitechapel Quarantine Clinic opened February 2021 with an expanded 19-bed capacity.